Friday, October 30, 2009

I Heart Faces Fix it Friday


So, in case you are wondering what all this I ♥ faces business is all about, it's a photography blog that has weekly challenges and activities. Since I am newly obsessed with photography and photoshopping I've started doing the stuff and it's really fun!

This week's photo was the one on the left and the one on the right is the one I "fixed." I use PhotoShop Elements 7 for my editing and these are the steps I took in my edits.

1. use clone stamp to fix up her bruises
2. create 2 new layers with grayscale in overlay mode.
3. in first layer use soft brush tool at 15% opacity and black paint to darken background to taste.
4. apply low pixel graussian blur to layer to smooth paint job.
5. in second layer change brush to 10% opacity and white paint to brighten her skin and eyes.
6. apply low pixel graussian blur to layer to smooth paint job.
7. create new layer with overlay blending mode and changed opacity to 80%
8. flatten image and save!

2 comments:

Jason and Jami Thomson said...

WOW! Pretty impressive my friend!

Sunset Stanley said...

Awesome job Celia! Photoshop is amazing. I took 2 Photoshop classes in college and I still have so much to learn. I really like that photography blog. Thanks for sharing!