Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kansas City Royals

Because I grew up in Utah I have never been to a Major League Baseball game. We took the opportunity on Saturday to go to a Kansas City Royals game. For anybody who pays attention, the Royals are dead last in the pennant race. I went with great hope, but that hope fled quickly as my adopted team lost 4-0 to the Detroit Tigers. I think our next move will be to Boston or New York!


My wife was totally oblivious to the game until the bottom of the 7th inning when they announced that if the Royals scored we would get a free ice cream from a local ice cream place. That was the most passionate that I have ever seen her during a sporting event.


Here are this week’s numbers:


Weight Loss –

Cecilia – This Week: 1.5 pound Total: 15.0 pounds

Ryan – This Week: 1.5 pounds Total: 20.0 pounds


Morning & Evening Prayer and Scripture Study –

Morning Prayer – 6 out of 7

Evening prayer and S.S. – 7 out of 7

We have to figure something out for Sunday mornings!


Tennis –

No tennis this week. We were too busy with baseball and the Olympics.


Exercise –

Cecilia – She does body attack 3 times a week without problem and she has started a new workout the other 3 days.

Ryan – Ran 21 miles this week. Ran 3.0 miles in 21:53.

I am blaming this on my sickness that I acquired halfway through the week. I didn’t run on Wednesday or Thursday and my 3 mile run was extremely difficult.


Stay-at-home-mom –

Cecilia – She wrote 30 minutes 5 out of the 7 days this week. The story about her dad is due this upcoming week.

Ryan – One day last week I came home form school and immediately took Bella. I laid her on my chest and she just couldn’t stop talking to me. I couldn’t understand what she was saying but it sounded very important so I just nodded to show my support. It was extremely cute!


Missionary Work –

We were stood up by Carlos 2 more times this week. I think that he isn’t interested. What do you think?

Jimmy Dean came to church on Sunday and said that he would be back for sure. He said that he is planning on getting married in September on his birthday. He will be baptized shortly after that!


TV/Reading –

Once again there was no reading thanks to the Olympics. I woke up at 1 in the morning to watch the basketball gold medal game live. It was a great game. I am hoping that D-Will and Booze will take a lot form their experience and bring home a championship to Utah!

0 comments: